I make this soup in my Instant Pot purely because that’s how I did it the first time and it was SO nice that I didn’t want to risk doing it any other way. It is delicious and a very hearty meal for any time of the year as you can chop and change the vegetables to match the seasons. Great for that glut of courgettes, or any other veg you’d like to substitute!
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 celery sticks, chopped (I missed this out on this one as I didn’t have any – I replaced with celery salt)
- 1 medium courgette
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tin of chopped toms
- 2 pints stock (I used ham stock from slow cooker gammon joint which makes all the difference)
- 1 tin cannellini beans, drained
- 1/4 cabbage or a bag of baby spinach
- 100g spaghetti, broken or any other small pasta shapes
Chop your onion and fry off in oil/low fat spray, whatever you use for 3-5 minutes either in a large pan or sauté if using an Instant Pot.
Add the chopped carrots, courgette and celery if you are using.
Pop in tomato purée and tinned tomatoes, giving it all a good stir.
Season with salt and pepper and add the stock, tinned beans and spaghetti.
Stir in the cabbage or spinach, you could add peas or beans too.
Bring to the boil and simmer until the pasta is tender or if using an Instant Pot select manual for 7-10 minutes depending on how thick your veg and pasta is.
This won’t freeze well with pasta, omit until ready to eat if freezing.