I don’t know about you but chicken thighs are marmite in my house. My husband would choose them over any other part of the bird, my daughter would prefer to be vegetarian and it’s too much effort for my son to have an opinion some days 😉
All that said, every week we are blessed enough to be gifted 2 large thighs, drumsticks and wings off an organic, pasture raised bird. So this week, I am making these honey and mustard flavoured thighs.
- As many thighs as you need for your family, we had 5/6
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Salt and Pepper
- Cornflour to thicken as needed
- Season the chicken thighs in salt and pepper
- If using the instant pot, on sauté mode seal the thighs individually, maybe 3 mins on each side and set to one side
- Add chicken stock in to the empty instant pot to remove any stuck on pieces. You can use seasoned water if needed.
- Add chicken thighs
- Mix honey and mustard and pour over the top of the thighs
- Set the valve to sealing and cook on manual for 10 minutes the quick release.
We served ours with brown rice and mixed vegetables and they were delicious.